Devouring Davaoist: SumoSam @ Abreeza


WRITTEN BY: ABIGAIL CASTRO 

My first time dining at SumoSam was a pleasant and filling experience for me and my tummy. I was reluctant to dine here at first, despite the fact that I was initially curious given my love for Japanese food, due to some negative reviews I read from other bloggers – even including the new branch they’ve opened at Abreeza.


But I guess my love for Japanese food and curiosity got the best of me. And I wasn’t disappointed.


The highlight of this meal is SumoSam’s Seafood Kamameshi. I had to jump right in because I can’t wait to share to you how great this was. At more or less PhP 300 (sorry forgot to keep tab of the price again), this is the ultimate dish for seafood lovers. This is one of many SumoSam rice dishes that feature a generous mix of seafoods like squid, shrimp, and fish. The overall presentation of the dish makes it all the more enticing, too. I’ll let you be the judge.



E ordered this one. I forgot to take note of the name of the dish. Duh. But it wasn’t such a favorite of mine, a little bit on the greasy side and way too much batter that I couldn’t taste the meat.


As a redemption, we tried their sushi. And this one is a winner! It has Malagos cheese and comes with a real contrast in flavor. I suggest you order it when you get to visit SumoSam in Abreeza, especially if you love sushi.



To freshen up during the meal, we sampled their own version of pearl cooler. And this one was fantastic! The sago is smaller and a bit tougher, but still delicious!


Mine is the Chocolate and Cream Cheese flavor. :)


FOR MORE DAVAO RESTAURANT REVIEWS, JUST VISIT: DAVAOFOODGUIDE.BLOGSPOT.COM

0 comments: